Once in a while I look at a sampling of recent dpaste activity. Partly I do it so I’m not totally out of touch with what my site contains. Partly I do it because it’s just interesting.
And I do it to confirm that the site is actually used by people who want to share code snippets, not just spambots who fire their cannons into every porthole.
I just sampled 10 random items from the last week. Happily, no spam. Here’s what I saw:
- An XML schema (mistakenly set to use the Scheme syntax; it actually almost works)
- Some CSS
- A pygments “Hello, world”
- HTML source for a Ruby cheat-sheet
- Some traceroute output
- A hunk of
- An XML schema (this time using XML syntax; looks better)
- An annotated list of links
- Transcript of a short bash session
- What looks like a list of every file path on someone’s system containing “Google” or “google”
What great variety! I love seeing what people use the site for. Especially when it’s not spam.